Posted on October 29, 2014
2014 is a big year for the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN), marking its 40th annual Educational Conference – the premier event of its kind in the rehabilitation-nursing field. To celebrate, ARN is holding this year’s conference at a Disneyland hotel in Anaheim, CA from Oct. 29 to Nov. 1, and promises “many magical surprises in store to delight all attendees.”
The bulk of the four days will be spent learning, sharing, and networking with some of the top nursing rehabilitation leaders and experts in the country, which makes it a prime opportunity to learn from the best and walk away with honed skills and savvy best practices. The educational schedule will benefit nurses of all practice and experience levels.
Learning opportunities for rehab nurses
- Pre-conference sessions in topics like neuropharmacology, fall and injury reduction, brain injury, and patient engagement
- Leadership course titled “Building a Culture of Leadership: The Imperative for the Future”
- Keynote speech by Friends International Disability Center founder/CEO Joni Eareckson Tada on spinal cord injury/quadriplegia
- Founder’s address on health change/status sensor technology given by Lorraine Phillips, PhD RN
- Closing general session, “Transforming Practice in the Age of Reform,” from Tim Porter-O’Grady, DM, EdD, ScD(h), FAAN, FACCWS, GCNS-BC, NEA-BC, CWCN, CFCN
- Poster sessions and exhibits
- Concurrent educational sessions throughout the day on various topics, along with paper and case studies, and
- Optional professional tour of the Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center.
Conference attendees can earn ARN contact-hour continuing-education credits for each learning opportunity completed. The concurrent daily sessions represent a wide range of topics:
- “Teaching Patients to Manage Their Medications in a Rehabilitation Setting”
- “The Essential Role of the Rehabilitation Nurse in Facilitating Care Transitions:
- What Role Do You Have?”
- “Managing the Needs of the Medically Complex Patient”
- “Rehab Beyond the Walls of the Rehab Center”
- “The Science of Predicting and Preventing Falls”
Meanwhile, in the EXPO area, Amramp is looking forward to demonstrating to rehab nurses at the how its wheelchair ramps, vertical/overhead/stair/pool lifts, portable showers, transition/threshold ramps, automatic door openers, grab bars, and other products can aid in the role of nursing through making a patient’s home or other areas fully accessible regardless of the patient’s mobility level.
The Amramp team will be showing off our top-of-the-line wheelchair ramp technology and other accessibility products to the more than 850 nurses who will be visiting Anaheim from all around the country. We can’t wait to connect with old friends and new: Please visit us if you are planning to be at the 2014 ARN Conference.
Helping rehab nurses get patients home sooner safely
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598