Posted on May 1, 2017
May is ALS awareness month, and since Amramp works with so many individuals and families who have been affected by this disease, we want to recognize all the work that advocates are doing to find a cure.
ALS, short for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, is a neurological disease that causes muscle weakness and impacts the way our bodies physically function. Only 5% of ALS cases are familial, meaning that the disease was inherited genetically. This means that 95% of ALS cases are sporadic. It can affect anyone, anywhere.
Since ALS often affects a person’s body so rapidly, families look to make urgent changes to create accessible environments for their loved ones. Amramp promises to quickly install the correct ramps and lifts to ensure mobility.
Non-profits like the ALS Association work tirelessly to fundraise, spread awareness, and fund research. According to the ALS Association, here are a few ways you can help the community:
- Become an ALS advocate: you can help change the laws and policies that affect thousands of people living with ALS and their families
- Urge your representatives to support legislation that positively impacts the ALS community
- Bring attention to ALS by sharing on social media
- Walk to defeat ALS: this is a fun way to raise money toward researching a cure
- Donate to your local chapter of the ALS Association or volunteer your time
Wheelchair manufacturer and installer Amramp offers innovative accessibility products, including the ADA-compliant, patented modular ramp system. On-site estimates are free and installation is generally within days, often within 24 hours.
For more about Amramp’s wheelchair ramp and aging-in-place products and services, or free on-site estimates, please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center at 888-715-7598.
Increasing mobility for everyone
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598