Posted on April 27, 2015
‘Enter a new season’ in eldercare with Amramp at the 2015 NAPGCM conference in Denver
The National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM) Annual Conference is in Denver, Colorado, from April 29th to May 2nd. Now in its 31st year, the 2015 NAPGCM conference has a springtime-appropriate slogan: “Entering a new season of clarity, unity, and opportunity.” For the nearly 400 Aging Life Care Professionals who will be meeting this week, the focus will be on transitioning to “new seasons” personally, professionally, and as an industry.
Dr. Mark Holder and ways that attendees can challenge themselves to increase happiness in their own lives. But transitions can also bring pain and loss, and other event speakers will share ways to cope:
- Dr. Sara Han Qualls will speak about Balancing Loss with Possibilities and Dan Cohen will explore the ways music touches those who have lost memories due to dementia.
Conference and pre-conference continuing education (CE) contact hours can be earned for the National Association of Social Work, the California Board of Registered Nursing, the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM), and the Commission for Case Manager (CCM) Certification.
2015 NAPGCM conference topics include
- Blended Families in Later Life: Ethical Considerations for Geriatric Practitioners – how the typical “family unit” in America has changed over time and how medical professionals should approach these changes,
- Intimacy Concerns for Seniors With Dementia – common intimacy issues/situations for seniors with dementia and how to address them,
- Families: Should I Open the Door … or Run and Hide? The Care Manager’s Guide to Calm and Effective Family Work – how to convert stressful family interactions into meaningful ones as a family practitioner, and
- Signs and Symptoms That Client Finances are Off Track – how to identify warning signs and prevent undue influence and harm to elderly and disabled clients.
In addition to these and other educational sessions, conference attendees can take part in roundtables, networking receptions, mentoring programs, workshops, screenings, and more.
Amramp looks forward to exhibiting at the NAPGCM 2015 annual conference, demonstrating our latest products and advances in accessibility for eldercare and life transitions at all mobility levels. We hope to see you in Denver!
Tags: Geriatric Care Managers