Posted on August 14, 2014
The Workers’ Compensation Institute (WCI) will host its 69th Annual Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference and 26th Annual Safety & Health Conference in Orlando, Florida, Aug.17th-20th. The WCI annual conference is the workers’ compensation industry’s premier educational opportunity, and Amramp is thrilled to be invited back to exhibit at this exciting event.
Education is the primary focus of the conference, with courses to address almost every topic imaginable related to workers’ compensation. Breakout sessions will be provided specifically for:
- Health care providers
- Insurance professionals
- Medical case managers
- Medical office administrators
- Professional employer organizations (employee leasing)
- Risk managers
- Safety professionals, and
- Temporary staffing.
One key trait that distinguishes the WCI Annual Conference from others of its kind is that it provides a comprehensive, national overview of the industry while also emphasizing state-level legislation and regulations. In addition to the above breakouts, individual states will have their own daylong breakouts to discuss local laws and related issues.
Highlights of this year’s conference will include the chance to observe a live surgery, as well as a session on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, which is the biggest new issue facing those dealing with general liability and workers’ compensation cases.
What else is new at WCI 2014?
- Expanded “round table” regulatory program, gathering regulators from 25 states to compare notes on important issues;
- New breakouts for insurance agents and physical therapists;
- The inaugural National Workers’ Compensation Regulators College held in conjunction with the conference; and
- The first-ever fundraising gala dinner to support WCI’s favorite charity, Give Kids the World.
Keynote speeches will be given by NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, as well as an industry speech by Scott Hudson, President and CEO of Gallagher Bassett Services Inc. Celebrity musician and songwriter Kenny Loggins will perform, as will the rock band Sister Hazel.
Amramp is looking forward to catching up with old friends and new, as well as to showcase our latest products and innovations at the vendor EXPO. Please stop by booth 920 and see us if you will be attending in Orlando!
Ramps installed by experts within days not weeks
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598